Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This I Believe Assignment

1. A link to the essay
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7293598
2. Author
Ann Karasinski
3. Title
There Is No Blame; There Is Only Love
4. One sentence of what the belief is
There is no blame.
5. 2 examples from the story that showed their belief
One example from the story that showed her belief is that she still loves her daughter and goes out to lunch with her every Friday despite what her daughter does. A second example is that after all this time she spent looking for someone to blame she realized it wasn't anybody's fault and the best thing to do was hope and love.
–6. 1 favorite passage
My favorite passage from the story was "I don't try to heal her. I just love her. Sometimes there is pain and sorrow, but there is no blame. I believe there is only love." It shows that she cares about her daughter even though all shes been through and still will be there for her.

No comments: